Included within those updates is one that immediately hit gambling industry media headlines, i.e. the update to guideline 4.7 which states:
“HTML5 games distributed in apps may not provide access to real money gaming, lotteries, or charitable donations, and may not support digital commerce. This functionality is only appropriate for code that’s embedded in the binary and can be reviewed by Apple. This guideline is now enforced for new apps. Existing apps must follow this guideline by September 3, 2019”.
From the immediate reaction to this announcement, it became abundantly clear that gambling operators worried about the potential effect of this update on their business required urgent expert input from an app specialist.
We believe that apps and digital agency mkodo is very well placed to provide that input and we are grateful to its managing director and co-founder, Stuart Godfree, for agreeing that we might publish his company’s insightful opinion piece on this subject.
You can find mkodo’s opinion piece on its website here; you can also download it below. It includes mkodo’s opinion on how your business will be affected if your App falls within any of the following categories:
- It is a wrapped website (albeit with push notifications and a jazzy loading screen)
- It has high levels of native functionality
- It has high levels of native functionality and side-loaded HTML5 game content
- It has high levels of native functionality and some HTML5 delivered business services
- It has high levels of native functionality and embedded Game content.
If you require further assistance, we would encourage you to contact mkodo direct:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +44(0) 20 7729 4545
You will find more information about mkodo on its website.