Taking place between 17 and 20 September at Olympia, London – with a series of very informative seminars on Wednesday 18 and Thursday 19 September – these really are the “must-attend” conferences and exhibition for members of the sports, betting and gaming industries.
As you will see from the Betting on Sports conference agenda, on Thursday 19 September, David Clifton will be:
- speaking as a panellist in a session entitled “Regulatory Creep – The Long Arm of the Law” at 11.20am, where other panellists will include Martin Lycka (Director of Regulatory Affairs at GVC Group), David Williams (Director of Public Affairs at the Rank Group) and fellow gambling consultant Steve Donoughue; and
- moderating a session entitled “The Future of Advertising” at 2.45pm, where the panellists will be Quirino Mancini (Partner, Tonucci Partners), William Woodhams (CEO, Fitzdares), Carmelo Mazza (CEO, Betaland) and Andrew Taylor (Regulatory Policy Executive, Advertising Standards Authority).
You can read here our report about the panel sessions at last year’s conferences in which both David and Suzanne Davies participated. Do please let David know if you will be attending them this year, because he will be very pleased to meet up with you.
UPDATE: As reported here, at 12.05 pm on the same day, David will be moderating a highly topical Casino Beats Summit session entitled “Understanding Player Finances” at which he and the following panellists:
- Steven Armstrong, Group MLRO, William Hill,
- Ray Wilson, director, AMLGS,
- Harry Cott, CEO & Co-Founder, beBettor and
- Américo Loureiro, Director, Solverde
will address the following questions and additional questions focusing on the importance of this issue from both an AML and social responsibility perspective:
- How can operators improve their understanding of player finances, accounting patterns and activities?
- What is taken into account when assessing the fine line between entertainment and harm?
- Where do operators’ responsibilities end?