In addition to his roles as speaker and moderator at this year’s Betting on Sports conference on 19 September 2019 (as previously reported here), David Clifton is delighted that – on the same day – he will also be moderating a panel session at its sister conference Casino Beats Summit, also taking place at at Olympia, London.
At 12.05 pm he will be moderating a highly topical session entitled “Understanding Player Finances” at which he and the following panellists:
- Steven Armstrong, Group MLRO, William Hill,
- Ray Wilson, director, AMLGS,
- Harry Cott, CEO & Co-Founder, beBettor and
- Américo Loureiro, Director, Solverde
will address the following questions and additional questions focusing on the importance of this issue from both an AML and social responsibility perspective:
- How can operators improve their understanding of player finances, accounting patterns and activities?
- What is taken into account when assessing the fine line between entertainment and harm?
- Where do operators’ responsibilities end?
As mentioned above, on the same day at the Betting on Sports conference, David will be:
- speaking as a panellist in a session entitled “Regulatory Creep – The Long Arm of the Law” at 11.20am, where his fellow panellists will be Martin Lycka (Director of Regulatory Affairs at GVC Group), David Williams (Director of Public Affairs at the Rank Group) and fellow gambling consultant Steve Donoughue; and
- moderating a session entitled “The Future of Advertising” at 2.45pm, where the panellists will be Quirino Mancini (Partner, Tonucci Partners), William Woodhams (CEO, Fitzdares), Carmelo Mazza (CEO, Betaland) and Andrew Taylor (Regulatory Policy Executive, Advertising Standards Authority).
You can read here our report about the panel sessions at last year’s conferences in which both David and Suzanne Davies participated. Do please let David know if you will be attending them this year, because he will be very pleased to meet up with you.