DCMS Entertainment Licensing 2016 statistics published

DCMS_logoDCMS has published its Entertainment Licensing 2016 Statistical Release that shows that:

  • there were 118,000 premises licences authorising regulated entertainment in force in England and Wales on 31 March 2016, representing a 1.4 per cent decrease compared to 119,700 licences on 31 March 2014
  • premises licences accounted for 91.5 per cent of the total number of licences in force which authorised regulated entertainment on 31st March 2016; club premises certificates accounted for the other 8.5 per cent
  • the largest increase in premises licences between March 2014 and March 2016 was for those covering boxing or wrestling (24.7%, increase of 1,300 licences); only plays (0.2%) and films (0.4%) saw increases otherwise.
  • the South West saw the largest percentage increase in premises licences (6.3%) between 2014 and 2016. As in 2014, Wales had the largest number of both premises licences and club premise certificates per person.