Coinciding with publication of (a) the William Hill Online Public Statement and (b) the RGA’s Behavioural Analytics Good Practice Guidelines, the Gambling Commission has published “Customer interaction – guidance for remote gambling operators” (that can be downloaded below).
The Commission says that:“customer interaction describes how you identify people who may be experiencing, or at risk of developing, problems with their gambling, and how you interact with them to offer help or support” and it has listed a number of questions on this topic for operators to think about, including the following:
- Do you know how many of your customers may be at risk of experiencing problems with their gambling?
- How do you know you are delivering the positive outcomes for your customers?
- How could you improve on your policy and procedures?
- How could you share your best practice with the industry?
- How do you decide the best way of interacting with a customer?
- Do you use different methods for different groups of customers?
- Do you tailor your method and message depending on the extent of the harm?
- Do you know if the customer received and acted on the information you gave?