At 3.30pm on Tuesday 28 June 2022, David Clifton will have the pleasure of moderating an affordability-focused panel session at KnowNow’s ‘Compliance Forum’, being held at Etc Venues County Hall, London.
The session is entitled: ‘A practical conversation about affordability models, what operators are doing and what solutions are available to help us with the information we need to inform our decision making in this area’.
David’s panellists will be:
- Melanie Ellis, Partner, Northridge Law LLP
- Tom Farrell, Chief Marketing Officer, ClearStake
- Neil Tyson, Director, Rightway Compliance
- Ben Wright, Head of Safer Gambling, Sky Betting & Gaming
The conference organisers describe the panel as follows:
A pressing and central consideration for everyone and different operators are addressing the issue in different ways. Our panel will look at a number of angles and help provide solutions and insight into the questions that many of us have in this area.
- Do we need a standardised approach to affordability?
- When and how should checks be performed?
- What are the commercial sensitivities associated with different approaches?
- What information is available to us to make decisions and what kind of information and documents do we need to ask customers to provide?
- How do we deal with customer resistance to providing information?
- What kind of technology is there to help?
- And what are other operators doing in this area?
The full ‘Compliance Forum’ agenda can be viewed on KnowNow’s website here. It will include a keynote ‘Regulatory Review’ presentation by Mandy Gill, Director of Compliance at the Gambling Commission.
The following day (Wednesday 29 June), a ‘Compliance Workshop’ is being held with a view to enabling participants to consolidate their key takeaways from the ‘Compliance Forum’ conference, collaborate with colleagues from across the industry and form next steps for this critical area of business.
Tickets for the ‘Compliance Forum’ conference or the combined ‘Compliance Forum and Workshop’ can be booked online here.
David is quoted in KnowNow’s marketing material as saying:
The supremely focused KnowNow Limited conferences with an always excellent choice of speakers should be regarded as “must attend” events by anyone interested in achieving the highest standards of compliance in the gambling sector.
He stands by those words and looks forward to seeing clients, industry friends and contacts at what promises to be another excellent KnowNow event.