At 3.30pm (Malta time) on Thursday 17 October 2019, together with Valletta boutique law firm City Legal (and in collaboration with GiG, the Dragonara Casino and LeoVegas), we are hosting a free-to-attend “Safeguarding Standards – A cross-country snapshot” conference at the Dragonara Casino in Malta.
The conference is principally aimed at gambling operators licensed (or thinking of becoming licensed) in one or more of the UK, Malta and Sweden. It will feature speakers from Clifton Davies, City Legal, GiG, LeoVegas and the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).
As mentioned in the below invitation, registration is on a first come, first served basis, so anyone wishing to attend should please RSVP as soon as possible to either:
Following coffee and registration at 3.30pm, the conference will include:
- 4.10pm: An EU-wide keynote presentation by Emma Grech (City Legal) entitled Where are we and how did we get here?
- 4.20pm: A presentation by David Clifton (Clifton Davies), focusing on the UK, divided into two parts: (1) A case of double standards? and (2) Case study: It could be you next!
- 4.40pm: A presentation focusing on Sweden by Claudio Caruana (GiG) and Tamara Micallef (LeoVegas) entitled Challenges and opportunities in regulated markets
- 5.00pm: A presentation by Emma Grech and Antonio Depasquale of City Legal, focusing on Malta, divided into two parts: (1) The new framework – one year on and (2) Case study: Returning to our brick-and-mortar roots
- 5.20pm: AML Spotlight – a panel comprising David Clifton (Clifton Davies), Claudio Caruana & Noel Bartolo (GiG) and Joseph Attard (MGA)
- 6.00pm: Coffee and Networking Break
- 6.20pm: Social Responsibility Spotlight – workshops led by David Clifton (Clifton Davies), Pedro Romero (GiG) and Michele Magro (MGA), divided into two parts: (1) The role of responsible advertising in responsible gambling and (2) The key to customer interactions – identify, interact, evaluate – but why do so many get it wrong?
- 7.30pm to 9.00pm: Networking Drinks
More detail is set out in the below agenda:
Both the invitation and the agenda can also be downloaded below in pdf format. Suzanne Davies and I look forward to seeing as many clients and friends from the industry as possible at this conference in Malta on 17 October.