On Thursday 26 March, David Clifton is to moderate the “Credit crunch: Gambling payment restrictions” session in the PaymentExpert Forum track of the CasinoBeats Malta conference.
On the CasinoBeats website, David is quoted as saying in relation to the “Credit crunch: Gambling payment restrictions” session:
There can be fewer more topical questions for discussion at CasinoBeats Malta than those that will arise during this session.
Less than three weeks before the UK credit-card ban comes into force, the speakers will debate whether this will serve to make gambling safer, how difficult the ban will be to uphold, how demonstrably e-wallet providers can prevent the use of credit cards for online gambling through their wallets and whether other jurisdictions will follow suit.
With calls for more rigorous affordability checks to prevent gamblers depositing funds from overdrafts or loans, what else might emerge from the forthcoming government review of the UK’s gambling legislation?
David’s session will, amongst other topics, address the following questions:
- Does the UKGC’s decision to ban credit card gambling represent a step in the right direction in terms of responsible gambling or are there too many loopholes?
- Can e-wallet providers give operators the assurance they need?
- Is it a slippery slope – will other jurisdictions be following suit?
- Will the unregulated market benefit from vulnerable players credit betting on their platforms?
- Should the finance sector be doing more to eradicate this possibility?
- Can we expect more restrictions from the UK’s gambling legislation review?
The conference is taking place at the InterContinental Hotel, Malta between 24 and 26 March 2020. Up to 1,500 delegates are expected to attend. Other confirmed speakers for CasinoBeats Malta presently include:
- James Ford, head of casino at LeoVegas,
- Alexander Stevendahl, CEO of Videoslots,
- Jan Jones Blackhurst, board director at Caesars Entertainment,
- Cristiano Blanco, head of gaming at Kindred,
- Jacqui Gatt, head of casino at Mr Green,
- Alexander Martin, CEO of SKS365 and
- Petra Zackrisson, CCDO of Stoiximan/Betano
More information about CasinoBeats Malta can be found here, the agenda here and registration details here. You can also download below the CasinoBeats website posting entitled “PaymentExpert Forum integral to CasinoBeats Malta“, featuring David’s comments.
UPDATE: Due to the global coronavirus pandemic, CasinoBeats Malta has been postponed to 22-24 June 2020