GVC has announced the launch of the GVC Foundation (“the Foundation”), which will coordinate and support GVC’s corporate social responsibility (“CSR”) initiatives, objectives and donations around the world.
Its press release containing the announcement (that you can download below) states that the Foundation will initially focus on the following areas:
- Responsible gambling, sports integrity and gambling regulation research, education and treatment;
- Grass roots, women’s and disability sport;
- Men’s health, with a particular focus on mental health; and
- Projects with a clear link to the local community in GVC’s major office locations.
GVC describes its group-wide CSR strategy as being based on the following three pillars:
- providing responsible gambling opportunities,
- being a responsible employer, and
- enabling a positive impact on our communities and in the markets it serves – responsible communities and markets.
Commenting on the launch of the Foundation, Virginia McDowell, Chair of GVC’s CSR Committee has said:
GVC is determined to spearhead the gambling industry’s approach to CSR initiatives, particularly with regard to responsible gambling and sports integrity-related projects. The launch of The GVC Foundation is a clear sign of this commitment, consolidating GVC’s hard work in this area over the last few years.
Martin Lycka, GVC’s Director of Regulatory Affairs and a Trustee of The GVC Foundation, has said:
We are delighted to have partnered with sports clubs, gambling researchers and athletes in a number of our key jurisdictions, including Germany, the UK, Italy and the US. The range of the new initiatives that we are announcing today, and the quality of the partnerships that we have entered, is a great endorsement of our overall CSR strategy, and there is plenty more to come.