The Gambling Commission has announced that, with effect from 1 August 2017, gambling consumers will be able to use Resolver, the online support tool, to make complaints related to gambling. The Commission states that:
- Resolver is a free, independent tool for consumers. It provides information about the issue the consumer wants to complain about, and support to help the consumer write emails and letters of complaint.
- Resolver is not an intermediary, and doesn’t act on the consumer’s behalf – but it does help the consumer to make their complaint in a structured way, and to make informed choices about what actions to take.
- This can help businesses to deal with complaints more efficiently when they receive them, and manages customer expectations about their complaint issue.
- Resolver also helps the consumer to store all the complaint information in one place, and acts as an email service. This means the consumer’s complaint will be sent from a Resolver email address, rather than the customer’s usual email address. We expect operators to accept complaints customers send via a Resolver email address just as they would from other email services.
- The Gambling Commission has worked with the team at Resolver to help develop the information that Resolver uses about gambling, though Resolver remains entirely independent of us.